According to NBC4i, Measles is a growing concern for central Ohio health officials as the number of cases continues to increase.
Of the 50 confirmed cases in unvaccinated individuals, most have been discovered in daycare centers. However, Westerville City Schools shared with families there was one case discovered in the district. Community member said the outbreak does not surprise them.
“Those things happen — it’s around,” said Galena resident, Jack Gilkerson. “Parents have to make a decision whether to vaccinate their kids or not.”
The case in Westerville is the first made public in a school district. The name of the school the child attends was not shared.
Get Breaking News & Exclusive Contest in Your Inbox:
- Win Tickets to The Ohio Black Expo Riverfront Culture Fest
- Dess Dior Breaks Down Everything That Makes Her An “It” Girl
- Lauren London Wears A Cute Little Black Dress To ‘The Night Show’
- I Love What My Eyes Have Laid Sight On: Oscar Nominees Brian Tyree Henry & Angela Bassett Share A Heartwarming Moment
- Florida High School Students Threaten To Sue Florida And Gov. Ron DeSantis Over AP Studies Ban
- That’s My Beat: Snoop Dogg Shares Insight On 2Pac’s Classic ‘All Eyez On Me’ Album
- Win a Pair of Tickets to See SZA And $500 Cash!
- 5 Memphis Police Officers Who Fatally Beat Tyre Nichols Charged With Murder
- Florida School District Removes Toni Morrison’s ‘The Bluest Eye’ As Conservative War Against CRT Continues
- White Supremacist Who Used Ax To Attack Black Man Is Sentenced For Racist Hate Crime
- Doja Cat Was Spotted In Valentino At The Brand’s Haute Couture Show
Growing concerns after 50 confirmed measles cases in central Ohio was originally published on mycolumbusmagic.com